G'Audio (the “Company”)
Through this Policy, the Company regards personal information of the users as important and inform them of the purpose and method of Company’s using the personal information provided by the users and the measures taken by the Company for protection of those personal information.
This Policy will be effective as of the date we post it on our website and, in case of modification thereof, the Company will make public notice of it through posting it on the bulletin board of Company’s website or individual notice through sending mails, fax or emails).
1. Information to be collected and method of collection
Personal information items to be collected by the Company are as follows:
The Company may collect the information directly provided by the users, including but not limited to Internet service related information such as name, email address, telephone (mobile) number, company name, company URL, national information, encoded identification information (CI), identification information of overlapped membership (DI), and information of legal representatives such as name, CI and DI of legal representatives.
Besides of information directly provided by the users, the Company may collect information in the course that the users use the service provided by the Company as follows: (i) user’s equipment information such as equipment identifier, OS, hardware version and specifications, equipment set-up and telephone number, (ii) log information such as log data, use time, search word input by users, internet protocol address, cookie and web beacon, (iii) usage information of applications, products, demos, and any other related services of the Company, including but not limited to buttons and/or pages that users click on, version of certain products that users use, (iv) platforms, programs, and any other medium that users use to work with applications, products, demos, and any other related services of the Company, and (v) other information as long as it complies with the applicable law.
The Company collects the information of users in a way of the followings: webpage, written form, fax, telephone calling, e-mailing, tools for children of created information, and any other information provided by partner companies
2. Use of collected information
The Company uses the collected information of users for the following purposes:
(1) User management and identification
(2) To detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the product
(3) Performance of contract and product price settlement regarding provision of products demanded by the users
(4) Improvement of existing products and development of new products
(5) Making notice of function of company sites or applications (if any) or matters on policy change
(6) To make statistics on member’s service usage, to provide services and place advertisements based on statistical characteristics
(7) To provide information on promotional events
(8) To comply with applicable laws or legal obligation
(9) Use of information with prior consent of the users (for instance, utilization of marketing advertisement)
The Company agrees that it will obtain consent from the users, if the Company desires to use the information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
3. Sharing collected information
Except for the following cases, the Company will not share personal information with a 3rd party:
(1) When the Company shares the information with its affiliates, partners, and service providers carry out services such as bill payment, execution of orders, product delivery and dispute resolution (including disputes on payment and delivery) for and on behalf of the Company
(2) When the users consent the sharing in advance: (A) when the user selects to be provided by the information of products of certain companies by sharing his or her personal information with those companies, (B) when the user selects to allow his or her or personal information to be shared with the sites or platform of other companies such as social networking sites, and (C) other cases where the user gives prior consent for sharing his or her personal information
(3) When the sharing is required by the laws: (A) if required to be disclosed by the laws and regulations; or (B) if required to be disclosed by the investigative agencies for detecting crimes in accordance with the procedure and method as prescribed in the laws and regulations
4. Cookies, Beacons, and similar Technologies
The Company may collect collective and impersonal information through ‘cookies’ or ‘web beacons’.
Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for operation of the websites of the Company and will be stored in hard-disks of the user’s computer. Web beacon is a small quantity of code which exists on the websites and e-mails. By using web beacons, we may know whether a user has interacted with certain webs or the contents of e-mails.
These functions are used for evaluating, improving services and setting-up users’ experiences so that much improved services can be provided by the Company to the users.
The items of cookies to be collected by the Company and the purpose of such collection are as follows: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functionality cookies, and targeting cookies or advertising cookies.
The users have an option for cookie installation. So, they may either allow all cookies by setting option in web browser, make each cookie checked whenever it is saved, or refuses all cookies to be saved; Provided that, if the user rejects the installation of cookies, it may be difficult for that user to use the parts of services provided by the Company.
5. User’s right to access and option
The users or their legal representatives, as main agents of the information, may exercise the following options regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information by the Company:
A. Exercises right to access to personal information;
B. Make corrections or deletion;
C. Make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information; or
D. Request the withdrawal of their consent provided before
If, in order to exercise the above options, you, as an user, contact the Company by using representative telephone or sending a document or e-mails, or using telephone to the responsible department (or person in charge of management of personal information), the Company will take measures without delay: Provided that the Company may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed in the laws or equivalent cause.
The Company regards the security of personal information of uses as very important. The Company constructs the following security measures to protect the users’ personal information from any unauthorized access, release, use or modification.
(1) Encryption of personal information:
A. Transmit users’ personal information by using encrypted communication zone
B. Store important information such as passwords after encrypting it
(2) Countermeasures against hacking
(3) Establish and execute internal management plan
(4) Install and operate access control system
(5) Take measures to prevent forgoing or alteration of access record
7. Protection of personal information of children
In principle, the Company does not collect any information form the children under 13 or equivalent minimum age as prescribed in the laws in relevant jurisdiction. The website, products, and services of the Company are the ones to be provided to ordinary people, in principle. The website or application (if any) of the Company has function to do age limit so that children cannot use it and the Company does not intentionally collect any personal information from children through that function.
8. Modification of Privacy Protection Policy
The Company has the right to amend or modify this Policy from time to time and, in such case, the Company will make a public notice of it through bulletin board of its website (or through individual notice such as written document, fax, or e-mail) and obtain consent from the users if required by relevant laws.
Considering it engages in global businesses, the Company may provide the users’ personal information to the companies located in other countries for the purpose as expressly stated in this Policy. For the places where the personal information is transmitted, retained or processed, the Company takes reasonable measures for protecting that personal information.
In addition, when the personal information obtained from the European Union is used or disclosed, the Company may have to comply with safe harbor principle as required by the Commerce Department of USA, take other measures or obtain consent from users so far as those complies with the regulations of EU so as to use a standardized agreement provision approved by executing organizations of EU or securing proper safe measures.
The website, product or service of the Company may include the links to the ones of a 3rd party and the privacy protection policy of the site of 3rd party may be different. Thus, it is required for the users to check additionally that policy of a 3rd party site linked to the site of the Company.
10. Responsible department of Company
The Company designates the following person in charge of personal information in order to protect personal information of customers and deal with complaints from customers:
Name: May Yoo